To assign a role, click on the username in a Badge and choose the role from the pop-up menu.
There are a few rules that you should keep in mind when assigning roles:
- You can assign a role only to someone present in the Lobby.
- When you assign a role that is already assigned to someone else, the role gets reassigned.
- The Adjudicator role is an exception - it can be assigned to four different members.
- When someone leaves the lobby (for example, disconnecting or closing the browser), they will retain their role assignment when they re-join the debate.
- Organizers (who created the debate) should assign a role to themselves too.
- The organizer can start the Preparation stage only when:
- Each member has a role assigned.
- At least one member has the Adjudicator role assigned.
The above rules imply that a Debate can be started with a partial team: the minimum requirement to start a debate is to have an adjudicator present. The rationale is to let teams practice/debate even when some members cannot join.